MTE Communications (MTE) follows account information and security regulations set by the Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications Commission.
Account Access & Security Procedures
MTE takes protecting your privacy very seriously. To ensure your personal information is secure, we require that you create a security password to access your account. If you cannot provide a security password, we have additional measures in place to ensure only authorized persons may access your account.
Collection and Use of Information
MTE retains and uses your account information only where it will help us provide you with better products and services. We do NOT share, sell or rent any information regarding your account to any other parties that is not already public knowledge. MTE may contact you regarding our products and services, unless you opt-out (see below).
MTE trains its employees on the importance of securing the information we have on record regarding your account. Employees are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of customer account information.
Preventing Identity Theft & Fraud
MTE Communications takes every step possible to protect the information we have on record regarding your account.
In addition, the Federal Trade Commission offers resources on their website with detailed information to help you deter, detect, and defend against identity theft.
Federal Trade Commission: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTICE FOR ALL MTE CUSTOMERS.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
Federal law allows you, the consumer, to choose how we at MTE use your CPNI.
CPNI is data that is not publicly available, such as:
- The types of service to which you subscribe,
- The number of telephone lines you have, and
- How much you use your services.
This law was designed to protect your privacy rights, while allowing MTE to meet your telecommunication needs. MTE values our customers, and meeting your communication requirements while protecting your privacy, is our main concern.
Only MTE will use your CPNI. It is important to us that you understand that:
- We will not share, sell, rent or otherwise disclose your information to anyone else. Using this information internally allows us greater ability to tailor the services we provide to you and improve our services.
- You have the right, under federal law, to control how your information is used. MTE Communications has the responsibility to protect your information.
- You have the right to restrict MTE's internal use of your information (opt-out). To restrict the use of your information, you need to contact us in writing at the address listed above, or email us at email@example.com. Restriction of the use of your information will remain valid; until you contact us in writing, or for two years, whichever comes first.
- If you decide not to let MTE use your information, this will not affect, in any manner, the services to which you subscribe. Regardless of your decision, we will provide another notice about your rights in two years.
We thank you for your time and attention to this important matter.
Effective Date: June 25, 2010